CD Projekt RED confirmed what they teased in mid-January, The Witcher 3 is coming. The game has been unveiled in an exclusive interview with Game Informer that's due to hit the web to its subscribers on Wednesdays. A sneak peak at some details were unveiled in a two minute Game Informer coverage trailer released that includes some game play footage and interviews with the development team. Here is what we know so far:
- The world of The Witcher 3 is huge; 30 times bigger than The Witcher 2 and even larger than The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim world.
- Open world gaming, allowing players to explore how they want to.
- No load screens, players adventure seamlessly throughout the world.
- New game play mechanics called monster hunting.
- More personal storyline to Gerant and his family.
- Built for Next Gen Consoles and "high end" PC platforms using the new REDengine 3 game engine.
- 2014 release date.
More details will surely be unveiled tomorrow when the Game Informer story hits the web so be sure to stay tuned.