The Bottom Line
This has the best overall feel of the MechWarrior series even The pacing is much quicker, battles are intense, fast, furious and start immediately. No upgrade to the graphics or overall game-play.
- Large number of Mechs to choose from.
- Non stop action, no boring "downtime".
- Wide story line that has many options.
- Not an expansion, priced as a stand-alone.
- Game-play components were not upgraded.
- Includes a money management system, you have to be able to afford weapons before you can buy them!
- Everything costs money, even fixing Mechs and paying lancemates.
- Multiple endings, ability to pick and choose your missions.
Guide Review - MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries is a stand alone MechWarrior with a lot of expansion feel to it, but without the lower price. The graphics are basically the same as the other MechWarrior 4 games, which are very good, but I was hoping for a little upgrade considering this is a stand alone. Where MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries shines though is in it's money management aspect and it's multiple game paths. You have the ability to pick and choose your missions thus the possibility of different endings. Overall, Mercenaries is one of the better, and fast paced of the MechWarrior games.